2017 General Election
During the General Election, Momentum mobilised thousands of volunteers to campaign for Labour through a dynamic mix of online and offline tactics. Being a people-powered grassroots movement, every volunteer contributed to Labour’s extraordinary electoral comeback. Of the 30 constituencies we targeted, all but five were won.
Here’s what we achieved:
- Momentum and organisers from Bernie Sanders’ 2016 presidential campaign held over 40 trainings nationwide – giving 3,000 activists the skills to canvass more effectively.
- 100,000 people used the ‘mynearestmarginal’ app to canvass in key marginal seats.
- In the last week of the campaign, over 1 in 3 Facebook users in the UK watched an entire Momentum video. The best performing video, ‘Tory Britain 2020’, reached 5.4 million views in just two days.
- Nearly 10,000 people took our election day pledge to take the day off work to volunteer – together knocking on more than 1.2 million doors.
- Momentum contacted over 400,000 mostly young people reminding them to vote on June 8 through a ‘cascade’ – a people-powered messaging tool via WhatsApp.
Constituencies such as Battersea, Brighton Kemptown, Crewe & Nantwich, and Derby North all saw large Momentum mobilisations and swung to Labour. Momentum members and volunteers were central to winning these seats.
Join the campaign
Copyright © Peoples Momentum 2015 -
All Rights Reserved